Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mums Quilt

This is the quilt Im making for my mother. It has been in the pipeline for at least 18months now and I am really quite excited to have all the blocks finished and laid out. The border is blue and will be about 10inches wide. We are still wondering if it might need a thin border first say in red just to frame the pieced section, but will consider that when the blocks are sown together.

Mum has blinds in her bedroom the same colour as the blues in the quilt so this will look very nice I think.

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

very nice I am sure your mum will love it.......yes needs something to make the blocks stand out.......

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow that is just so lovely your mum will be thrilled with that...

RG said...

Jo...I don't pop around often, but dropped by to say hello and saw your Mum's stunning quilt! WoW! Really stunning!
Just a thought on little border...maybe a really light cream first, then red (to float it), then your border? My thoughts.
It's really wonderful.
Has your Mum seen it?