Sunday, September 14, 2008

Foundation Piecing


When I first joined the local patchwork group back in 2002 I already owned some foundation piecing papers purchased at a Craft Fair from the Quilters Barn in Victoria.
Thinking what a great idea the papers were I embarked on my very first patchwork project. The intention being to make a quilt for the spare bed.
Unfortunately by the time I had started the 6th block I had discovered my total dislike of the process and discarded the project to the bottom of a cupboard.
Well there is nothing like a rainy day to get things moving along.....all two seams and tear away paper........so from bed cover to cushion, I am thinking these four blocks might just make a worthy item for the Royal Far West Charity Auction Dinner next March. Perhaps a lucky draw?
What do you think? Would you feel lucky to receive these four blocks dressed as a 40cm (15 1/2 inch) cushion after buying a ticket for the lucky draws?

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I think the blocks are fantastic I think you should continue on with the quilt, but the cushions would be great as well.

Linda said...

Love the colors! You have done a great job! It would be a great thing to win! Do what makes you happy with it! :)

Kim said...

I like the fabrics in this quilt square too. It would make a beautiful quilt, but paper piecing, it's not always such a good thing. Not my favorite. A cushion is a nice use of what you have made. Perhaps the leftover fabrics will find their way into another project. You do nice work.