Sunday, August 31, 2008

WooHooo its wet!!!!!

Rain, Rain and more Rain.......had about 2 inches over the weekend. Woohoooooo!!!!!

Definitely worth bogging home in the high heels......traipsing around feeding stock in the mud and getting totally soaked........

A little disappointing the open garden day was postponed but dont believe for a minute they are concerned. The wet weather is worth it.


The rain has been perfect for the vege patch. I will be planting tomatoes by the weeks end.

Unfortunately it has rushed the last of the broccoli to seed so they will have to go......but still pulling snow peas, brussel sprouts and I cant believe the size of the cauliflowers.

Looking forward to the new season zuchini. Have always found it hard to keep up with picking the zuchini but this year I am going to try making pickles........
Cheers

5 comments:

Marie said...

Hi there welcome to Blogland, You meet the best people and learn all kind of new things. Your garden sounds fantastic. I live inFl. and we have to much sand for a garden.
we are batling hurricanes this time of year. Blessings, marie

maria said...

Hi from the UK, I have not been blogging for long and am enjoying it. I spend longer than i should reading blogs and leaving comments. I have "met" lots of lovely people, one of them being Marie who has also left a comment. I'm glad we don't have hurricanes like her.
We call Zuchini courgettes here. We have loads in our garden and I am not sure what to do with them all!
I love your quilt, great colours.
Pop by and say Hi if you like, Maria x

Linda said...

Glad you are happy with the rain! lol We have seen way too much of it this summer in my neck of the woods!
I have been making zuchini bread/muffins, double bagging it, and freezing it so that this winter we can have some "fresh". I have never heard of zuchini pickles - can't wait to hear how they come out!
Happy Gardening!

Helz said...

Great to hear you have received good rain where you are... Wonderful Stuff "MUD" !!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogland...thanks to Chookyblue of course, she is a star blogger. In fact Chooky was the first to welcome me to blogging.
We are experiencing heavy rain here over the last 2 days. My chookies are up to their knees in mud. I left them locked up in their yard to keep them dry but they look so sad I have let them out.
I have rivers and lakes all through my backyard and I cant go out to play in my new veggie patch :( I planted some Black Russian heirloom tomatoes yesterday..hope they dont fail with all this rain.
Cheers Shelley